20, 21 & 22 November 2019
During stop for the scheduled maintenance, a long-planned LIPAc Commissioning and Beam Operation workshop was organized at the Broader Approach Rokkasho site on Nov. 20-22. The workshop gathered again the LIPAc collaboration after the completion of the commissioning Phase B (5 MeV, 125 mA, D+, 0.1% DC, including the commissioning of the RFQ and buncher cavities, as well as a large part of the beam instrumentation).
The LIPAc team has been pleased to welcome Dr. M. Munoz (ESS), Prof. E. Kako (KEK) and Dr. Y. Kondo (J-PARC) to share valuable experience. During 3 days, the accelerator scientists and experts from Japan and Europe exchanged about the operational aspects of the LIPAc:
- Status, results, outcome and achievements of the phase B
- Difficulties and lessons learned from commissioning and operation
- Organization of the LIPAc Unit for operation and maintenance
- Coordination and tools for efficient operation
- Coordination and tools for efficient maintenance
Furthermore, the steps ahead for LIPAc were addressed, including:
- On-going preparation of the beam transport lines for Phase B+ (5 MeV, 125 mA, D+, high duty cycle up to 100%)
- Detailed definition of the phase B+ Commissioning Plan
- Preparation of the SRF Linac cryomodule assembly
The goal of the workshop is also to strengthen the communication and team spirit among IFMIF/EVEDA collaborators who are geographically distant in Europe and Japan. The conclusions and actions identified by the chairman in each session will be gathered into an action plan.